All members and guests must abide by the Code of Conduct.
Breaches of the code of conduct will be referred to the trustees. Serious or continued breaches may result in suspension or cancellation of Hub membership.
Behaviour and words while at the Hub need to reflect the principles of a creative, friendly and co-operative space and support sustainability, diversity, inclusion and openness.
- Members will be issued with an access fob for the building. The access fob remains the property of the Hub and must be returned if membership ends.
- The member must be present when their access fob is used.
- Fobs are not to be used by non-members. Non-members are very welcome to use the Hub as guests of a member who is present.
- Members will respect people’s rights under the membership policy (https://ghub.nz/membership).
- The Hub space is a shared space - please consider others during your activity.
- Members must abide by any current site user policy for the Commons or the Hub.
- Hub membership does not extend to the Auckland Central Community Shed, which is strictly limited to Shed members.
- The Hub offers tea and coffee. Please make a donation/give koha to cover costs.
- After a visit to the Hub, the space must be left tidy and clean.
- Any damage or breakages must be recorded in the sign-in book and discussed with the co-ordinator or a trustee.
- Hub tools and equipment (including kitchen equipment) must stay at the Hub so that other members can use them.
- Alcohol is not allowed at the Hub except as an agreed part of an organised activity. No alcohol sales are allowed without a liquor licence. Please refer to the Hub’s alcohol policy.
- A hazards book will always be at the desk. Please record anything that is of any concern.
- Equipment and facilities at the Hub are intended for positive and educational purposes. Please be thoughtful about environmental impacts and potential hazards.
- The last person to leave the Hub must turn off lights and heat pumps/air-conditioning and make sure all external windows and doors are closed and locked.
Health and safety
- All members must tag their access fob at the door on arrival for health and safety reasons.
- All members must sign in and out in the book on the desk with name, times, guests’ names and purpose of the visit.
- There will be no smoking at the Hub. This includes the Hub building and the Commons.
- No naked flames such as candles or lighters are allowed in the Hub building at any time (other than the gas stove).
- The building exits and corridors must never be blocked.
- Please comply with all signs and instructional manuals and undertake appropriate training before using equipment.
- You are responsible for your own safety and belongings while at the Hub. Where your activity may create a hazard you are also responsible for the safety of others.
22 September, 2019